KHS America is the U.S. distributor for Altus Flutes, Anacleto Accordions, Azumi Flutes, Black Panther Design Lab, Green Tones, H Jimenez Instruments, Hercules Stands, Hohner Accordions, Hohner Harmonicas, Hohner Kids, Hohnica Accordions, Jupiter Band Instruments, Kohala Ukuleles, Lanikai Ukuleles, Luminote, Majestic, Mapex Drums, Mapex Marching, Nomad Stands, Nuvo, Quantum Marching, Sonor, Sonor Orff, and XO Brass.
Our postal address is
12020 Volunteer Blvd.
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
The Managing Director in the United State is Chris Hankes.
You can contact our data protection officer at email@example.com.
or you can reach us by telephone 8:00 am – 6:00 pm M-F CDT at 1.800.446.6010.
KHS America is the controller in the sense of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These data protection rules apply if you visit our KHSAOnline.com website, provide personal information through our website, or participate in any promotion on the website.
Information we collect
For each visitor, we collect data relating to your online activity on our website including the following:
- Anonymized IP address
- Browser type and version
- Geographic location
- Pages you view
USER INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
We collect and store information that you provide to us including:
- When you create an account
- When you make purchases
- When you take our surveys or enter a contest
- When you subscribe to one of our blogs or newsletters
- When you request support or assistance
- When you contact us by telephone or email
- When we receive information about you from third parties that you have authorized
We store your data in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including back-end databases and analytics systems.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with useful content
- To provide you with requested information or technical support
- To improve our services
- To diagnose problems with our servers or our services
- To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our services
- To do a better job of informing you about our products, our events, our artists, and our company
- To communicate information about our products and events with you (with your permission)
- To assist us in offering you a personalized experience
- To conduct and run surveys and promotions.
Sharing of information
We will not sell your personal information. We will only share certain personal information with:
- Authorized users within the KHS America and KHS organization
- In connection with a sale, merger, acquisition or corporate reorganization
- For legal reasons
Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
When we collect personal information or financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
Some of our websites use persistent cookies and some use session cookies.
Persistent cookies are cookies that help us recognize you. They are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences and actions across multiple sites and on multiple visits. Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session, allowing us to link your actions during a particular browsing session.
We use Google Analytics which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with our websites. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our website. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our websites. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Strictly necessary cookies let you navigate our websites and use essential features, including secure areas, such as your account.
- Performance cookies help us understand how customers and visitors interact with our websites. They provide us with information about areas of our website visited, time spent on our websites and any error messages you receive, allowing us to improve the performance of our websites. They do not collect any information that could identify you.
- Functional cookies and tracking technologies are used to provide certain services or to remember settings that will improve your visit but are not essential to your use of our websites. They may include personal information that you have disclosed to us.
- Social Media cookies are set by third parties, including Facebook and Twitter, and allow you to share what you’ve been doing on our websites on social media.
How can you control cookies?
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings via the “options” or “preferences” menu in your browser. Please note that if you set your browser to refuse or block all cookies, certain features or functionalities of our websites may be limited or unavailable to you.
KHS America websites may contain links to other websites. Because we do not control the information policies or practices of these third-party sites, you should review their privacy policies to learn about how they collect and use personal information.
Retention of personal information
We retain your personal information to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will retain your personal information for no more than seven years following the later of (i) the date on which you terminate your use of the Services or (ii) May 25, 2030, unless we are otherwise required by law or regulation to retain your personal information for longer.
Our services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such a parent or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
In the event that a visitor outside of the United States submits information to us, your personal information will be transferred to, and stored at/processed in the United States. As such, your personal data is also processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Where the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, or GDPR, applies, in certain circumstances and subject to data processing agreements, you have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. We set out below an outline of those rights and how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights by providing details only known to the account holder. Please note that for each of the rights below we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request. In such instances, we will let you know if that is the case.
Right to access
You have the right to know whether we process personal information about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with. you have a right of access to this personal data and to the information specified in Article 15 of the GDPR. In accordance with Article 15 Para. 3 of the GDPR, you have the right to obtain from the data controller a copy of the personal data which is the subject of the processing.
You have the right to receive a subset of the personal information you provide us if we process it on the legal bases of our contract with you or with your consent in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal information to another party. If you wish for us to transfer the personal information to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of personal information or its processing once received by the third party.
Correction/Update of information
According to Article 16 of the GDPR, you have the right to request the data controller to correct incorrect personal data concerning you without undue delay and to complete incomplete personal data.
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
- For email correspondence, you may select “Update your preferences” in the footer of the email you receive
- You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.800.446.6010 during normal business hours
Erasure/Right to be forgotten
You have the right to request the data controller to erase personal data concerning you without undue delay, provided that one of the reasons specified in Art. 17 GDPR applies. You have the right to require the controller to restrict the processing if one of the conditions set out in Article 18 GDPR is met.
If a consumer has supplied their email address to us and explicitly stated that they would like to receive information from us, they may receive occasional announcements from one or more of our brands but will have the option to opt-out of that correspondence at any time. If a consumer has supplied their telephone information, KHS America will only contact you in the process of completing your order or assisting you with a technical or mechanical issue. KHS America gives consumers the following options for removing their information from our database in order to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service.
- To remove your email, telephone, or other information from all KHS brand databases, you may email us at: email@example.com or call us at 1.800.446.6010 during normal business hours
- To be removed from marketing email correspondence only, you may select the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of the email you received from us. This will automatically remove you from that brand’s email list.
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you from the data controller in a format outlined in Article 20 GDPR.
For our websites that allow a user to create an account, if you would like to delete your account and the content within it, you have the following options.
- You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may call us at 1.800.446.6010 during normal business hours
If an account or profile was created without your knowledge or authorization, please contact us to request the removal of the account or profile.
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you under Article 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR, pursuant to Article 21 GDPR.
You also have the right, at any time, to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
Withdrawal of consent
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can withdraw this at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time in the following ways:
- You may email us at email@example.com
- You may call us at 1.800.446.6010 during normal business hours
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy under Article 77 of the GDPR, you have the right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State where you are staying, working or suspected of having infringed the GDPR, if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is contrary to it.
We welcome any inquiries, comments or requests. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this company or your dealings with any of our brand websites, you can contact KHS America at KHS America, Inc., 12020 Volunteer Blvd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach us by telephone 8:00 am – 6:00 pm Central Time M-F at 1.800.446.6010.