KHS America is the U.S. distributor for the following brands: Jupiter Instruments, Mapex Drums, Majestic Percussion, Altus Flutes, Azumi Flutes, XO Brass, Hercules Stands, Hohner Instruments, Sonor Drums, Kohala Ukuleles, Lanikai Ukuleles, H. Jimenez, Anacleto Accordions, Green Tones, Hohner Kids, NFUZD Audio, Nomad Stands, Rockwood, and Sonor Orff (hereafter noted as the KHS America family of brands). KHS America is a wholly owned subsidiary of KHS.
Our postal address is
12020 Volunteer Blvd.
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
We can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can reach us by telephone 8:00 am – 6:00 pm M-F CDT at 1.800.446.6010.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
For each visitor to one of our websites, we collect data relating to your online activity on our websites including the following:
- IP address
- Browser type and version
- Geographic location
- Pages you view
- How you got to our websites and any links you click on to leave our websites
- Your interactions with our videos and forms
The aggregate information we collect is used for internal review to improve the content of our websites and tailor the technologies used on our websites to our consumers, such as mobile search trends, campaign best practices, or the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, our websites.
USER INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
We also collect and store information that you provide to us including:
- When you register your products
- When you make purchases or exchanges with us
- When you take our surveys or enter a contest
- When you subscribe to one of our blogs or newsletters
- When you request support or assistance
We store your data in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including back-end databases and analytics systems.
KHS-America websites may offer forums or the ability for the consumer to comment on posts. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. The information you submit, including personal information will be stored as noted under User Information and Support.
We may obtain information from third party social networking sites, if you use your credentials at such social networking sites to log into our websites. The information you allow us to access varies by social networking site, and depends on the level of privacy settings you have in place at the social networking site. You can control and find out more about these privacy settings at the applicable social networking site.
- Information you provide to us at conferences and in surveys
- Information you provide by telephone or email
- Information that is publicly available
- Information you consent to us receiving from third parties
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect from you, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with useful content
- To provide you with requested information or technical support
- To improve our services
- To diagnose problems with our servers or our services
- To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our services
- To do a better job of informing you about our products, our events, our artists, and our company
- To communicate information about our products and events with you (with your permission)
- To assist us in offering you a personalized experience
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We will only share certain personal information with:
- Authorized users within the KHS America and KHS organization
- In connection with a sale, merger, acquisition or corporate reorganization
- For legal reasons
The transmission of information via the internet, email or text message is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through our websites or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
When we collect financial account information, such as credit card numbers, we protect its transmission through the use of encryption such as the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
Some of our websites use persistent cookies and and some use session cookies.
Persistent cookies are cookies that help us recognize you. They are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences and actions across multiple sites and on multiple visits.
Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session, allowing us to link your actions during a particular browsing session.
We use Google Analytics which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with our websites. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our website. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our websites. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors.
- Strictly necessary cookies let you navigate our websites and use essential features, including secure areas, such as your account.
- Performance cookies help us understand how customers and visitors interact with our websites. They provide us with information about areas of our website visited, time spent on our websites and any error messages you receive, allowing us to improve the performance of our websites. They do not collect any information that could identify you.
- Functional cookies and tracking technologies are used to provide certain services or to remember settings that will improve your visit, but are not essential to your use of our websites. They may include personal information that you have disclosed to us.
- Social Media cookies are set by third parties, including Facebook and Twitter, and allow you to share what you’ve been doing on our websites on social media.
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL COOKIES
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings via the “options” or “preferences” menu in your browser. Please note that if you set your browser to refuse or block all cookies, certain features or functionalities of our websites may be limited or unavailable to you.
Some internet browsers include the ability to transmit “do not track” signals. Because no industry standard has yet been developed with respect to “do not track,” our websites do not currently process or respond to such “do not track” signals.
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
Further information about deleting and blocking cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
KHS America websites may contain links to other websites. Because we do not control the information policies or practices of these third party sites, you should review their privacy policies to learn about how they collect and use personal information.
You may also log in to some of our websites using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you with the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. For example, if you take advantage of certain of our social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the “Share This” button, the applicable social networking sites may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our websites, and may set a cookie to enable it to function properly.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will retain your personal information for no more than seven years following the later of (i) the date on which you terminate your use of the Services or (ii) May 25, 2025, unless we are otherwise required by law or regulation to retain your personal information for longer.
Our services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without such parent or guardian’s consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
In the event that a visitor outside of the United States submits information to us, your personal information will be transferred to, and stored at/processed in the United States. As such, your personal data is also processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Where the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, or GDPR, applies, in certain circumstances and subject to data processing agreements, you have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. We set out below an outline of those rights and how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights by providing details only known to the account holder. Please note that for each of the rights below we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request. In such instances, we will let you know if that is the case.
RIGHT TO ACCESS
You have the right to know whether we process personal information about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with.
You have the right to receive a subset of the personal information you provide us if we process it on the legal bases of our contract with you or with your consent in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal information to another party. If you wish for us to transfer the personal information to another party, please ensure you detail that party and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of the personal information or its processing once received by the third party.
This site gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
- For email correspondence, you may select “Update your preferences” in the footer of the email you receive
- You may email us at: email@example.com or call us at 1.800.446.6010 during normal business hours
ERASURE/RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN
If a consumer has supplied their email address to us and explicitly stated that they would like to receive information from us, they may receive occasional announcements from one or more of our brands, but will have the option to opt-out of that correspondence at any time. If a consumer has supplied their telephone information, KHS America will only contact you in process of completing your order or assisting you with a a technical or mechanical issue. KHS America gives consumers the following options for removing their information from our database in order to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service.
- To remove your email, telephone, or other information from all KHS brand databases, you may email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.800.446.6010 during normal business hours
- To be removed from email correspondence only, you may select the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of the email you received from us. This will automatically remove you from that brand’s email list.
For our websites that allow a user to create an account, if you would like to delete your account and the content within it, you have the following options.
- You may email us at: email@example.com
- You may call us at 1.800.446.6010 during normal business hours
If an account or profile was created without your knowledge or authorization, please contact us to request removal of the account or profile.
You have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or we need to process it in relation to legal claims.
You also have the right, at any time, to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time in the following ways:
- You may email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may call us at 1.800.446.6010 during normal business hours
We welcome any inquiries, comments or requests. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this company or your dealings with any of our brand websites, you can contact KHS America at KHS America, Inc., 12020 Volunteer Blvd., Mt. Juliet, TN 37122 or by e-mail at email@example.com or you can reach us by telephone 8:00 am – 6:00 pm Central Time M-F at 1.800.446.6010.
Last modified May 24, 2018